Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Will You Take the Nails?
Guest Writer - Rachel Stickler


"Nails didn't hold Jesus to the Cross - Love did"
(Credit Unknown)
          Often I lay in bed on my side while facing my wall.  Not at all odd, right?  No.  Most of the time I stare at the cream colored paint until I drift off into slumber.  Well, last night I placed my hand on the wall.  I couldn't see it very well as all the lights were out.  I have done this before, you know, wondering if your hand print were anywhere, would you be remembered for the things you accomplished with your hands...well, I did this once again.  It drove me to tears just looking at the outline of my hand, I asked myself, Have my hands changed the world? Will they change the world?  Will they try to change the world? Have they saved someone's life?  Have they praised God with every part of their being? Have they served honestly, joyfully, and peacefully? Have they been strong and courageous, finding the root of evil?  Have they lifted the fallen back to their feet? Have they cared for the elderly and the sick? Have they held the sword of truth in trembling awe?  Have they been raised in worship to their Creator?  Have they written the Words of Life for all to see?  Have they expressed deep love and passion?  And most of all, have they been willing to take the nails, and die as Christ died?

Credit Unknown
          This struck me like a ton of bricks.  I don't know if it has or will affect you as it has me.  God is showing me that the work of ones' hands (and ones' heart) can change the world.

          Will you die to yourself?  Will your hands take the nails? 

          Matthew16:24-26 states:  Then Jesus told his disciples, "If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me.  For whoever would save his life will loose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.  For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Or what shall a man give in return for his soul?

"WILL YOU TAKE THE NAILS?" 




-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About guest writer - Rachel Stickler


          "I am a 16 year old born again Christian, a quadruplet, a dreamer, a bookworm, a writer, a wanna-be singer, a sinner, a lire, and a hater.  It's true.  I fall short of the glory of God yet he gave (and gives me) grace every day.  I fail, I fall, and I fly.  What can I say?  I am who God made me yet I am who I choose, and I choose to be His alone.  My writings are musings and my readings are dusty old books...I love it!  And if I get lucky, God will drop something in my lap that I can tell you about!  I want to change the world (Or should I say, I want God to change the world through me), and this generation.  If I went on, this would become a novel!  So...there is just a little taste of who I am and what my dreams are :)    

Rachel's Blog: Chosen Generation



No comments:

Post a Comment