Saturday, June 23, 2012

Saturday Smiles - Smile Watchers



Smile Watchers

“Excuse me?” A lady said from behind my sister as they waited in line to make their purchases.  “My husband and I have noticed you every time we see you in this store because you always seem to have a big smile on your face!  We watch people all the time and so few people ever seem to smile!  It’s so refreshing to actually see a smile for a change.”
Photo Courtesy

I agree so completely!  I myself like to watch people and to see someone who has a real, honest smile on their face, and it is quite rare!  Yes, life is hard.  Circumstances and relationships aren’t the way we would have them.  Finances are tight, the list goes on and on.  There are plenty of reasons not to smile, but there is an even greater reason to bring a smile to your face.  It’s the joy of the Lord!
Photo Courtesy
          “Though the fig tree should not blossom, nor fruit be on the vines, the produce of the olive fail and the fields yield no food, the flock be cut off from the fold and there be no herd in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the LORD; I will take joy in the God of my salvation.  GOD, the Lord, is my strength; he makes my feet like the deer's; he makes me tread on my high places.
Habakkuk 3:17-19  ESV

            The joy of the Lord IS our strength!  When everything is going wrong around us, we can find peace and JOY in knowing that He strength is shown the most powerful during our times of weakness.  Now that’s something to smile about. :D


~ Missy

No comments:

Post a Comment