So let's get down to it! What can Chamomile Oil be used for?
- Sensitive Skin
- ...and (you guessed it!) much more!
- Add 2-3 drops of chamomile oil to a hot or cold compress (whichever is your preference) and place on head to relieve the symptoms of a migraine
- Place a tissue with 2-3 drops of chamomile next to your pillow nightly in order to help you battle insomnia
- Mix 1-2 drops of chamomile with approximately 1 teaspoon of carrier oil to moisturize and sooth sensitive skin
- Mix 1-2 drops of chamomile with 2 teaspoons of a soft carrier oil and gently massage on a colicky infant's belly in order to reduce (and eventually eliminate) colic
- Using the same mixture as the mixture to reduce colic can also help reduce menstrual cramps and PMS symptoms.
- The gentle scent of chamomile is also known to reduce stress, anxiety, and all around calm the nerves and body.
Also, please pay particular attention during use of essential oils in regards to which oils are safe for pregnant women and children. There are many that should not be used, although some are perfectly safe. For other important information, please see my May 9th, 2012, post titled "Natural Remedies: Essential Oils."