- Dry, Persistent Coughs
- Skin Conditions
- Throat Irritations
- ....and guess what? Much more!
Sandalwood is a very expensive oil, so it is best to ALWAYS dilute it at least 50:50 with either jojoba oil or olive oil (or something similar). Some of the uses include these:
- Massage drops of diluted sandalwood oil on dry, chapped skin to increase skin health.
- Use to clean with as an antiviral/antibacterial substance. (While you CAN do this, there are other much cheaper oils that work just as well, so I am not sure I recommend this use!)
- Massage 2-3 drops of diluted sandalwood oil on to acne to improve skin health and diminish (or eliminate) the acne problem.
- Inhale the scent to reduce stress and reduce depression. This may also possibly increase concentration and focus.
- Rub a few drops of diluted sandalwood oil on the chest to reduce dry, irritated coughs.
- Use sandalwood in a massage blend to reduce the ache of cramps and other muscle pain.
PLEASE NOTE: These are only natural home remedies that no professional has reviewed or written. This is not to take the place of professional medical advice, it is merely to aid you at home. If you are concerned, it is best to call your doctor and follow instructions given by him/her.
Also, please pay particular attention during use of essential oils in regards to which oils are safe for pregnant women and children. There are many that should not be used, although some are perfectly safe. For other important information, please see my May 9th, 2012, post titled "Natural Remedies: Essential Oils."