- Hormonal Imbalance
- Respiratory Conditions
- Skin Problems
- ....and guess what? Much more!
- For menstrual cramps, massage the oil into effected stomach or back areas. Because Clary Sage helps reduce pain and is also good for hormonal imbalance, it should significantly reduce your pain. You can also mix a little bit (4-5 drops often does the trick) of Clary Sage into warm bath water to help you relax at the same time as helping reduce pain. (This will also work on other types of cramps, but it is especially advised for menstrual cramps.)
- For various respiratory ailments, place in diffuser in order to breathe the scent. It is also possible to just put a little on the temples or directly below the nose in order to inhale it (make sure it is diluted if you use this option).
- For anxiety, mix 2-3 drops of Clary Sage with a carrier oil and massage into shoulders and neck. It will work as an anti-depressant and relaxer.
- Smear a small amount of Clary Sage on cuts and other wounds. This will prevent infection as this essential oil is an anti-septic.
PLEASE NOTE: These are only natural home remedies that no professional has reviewed or written. This is not to take the place of professional medical advice, it is merely to aid you at home. If you are concerned, it is best to call your doctor and follow instructions given by him/her.
Also, please pay particular attention during use of essential oils in regards to which oils are safe for pregnant women and children. There are many that should not be used, although some are perfectly safe. For other important information, please see my May 9th, 2012, post titled "Natural Remedies: Essential Oils."