Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Natural Remedies: Cinnamon Essential Oil

Let's tackle Cinnamon Oil next! I have to admit, I was avoiding this one because I figured it couldn't "be that great." Oops! Let me rethink this.  I am now itching to purchase this oil! I was thrilled when I began reading what it can do! Before I go any further, however, this is another one of those oils that it is important to not use it while you are pregnant.  With that taken care of  -- what is Cinnamon Oil? 
  • Antibacterial
  • Antifungal
  • Antiseptic
  • Antiviral 
It can also aid in....
  • Infections
  • Memory and Concentration
  • Pain Relief
  • Respiratory Problems
  • Skin Care
  • Stopping Bleeding
  •  ....and guess what? Much more!

Photo Courtesy

Now...I could go through and try to recap everything I have read, but I can't think of a really good way to do that, and I found a couple of websites for Cinnamon Oil that I found to be really concise and full of information.  When I pass these on to you, please note that I am only recommending the health-benefit side.  Unfortunately, many of the natural remedy scholars and "believers" (for lack of a better word) are also into things such as "spiritual healing and cleansing." I do not believe in this at all, and believe it is wrong.  That said, one of these websites does have some of that "information" in it...so please do not read that and think I am passing it on as fact.  It is not.  But, the information they have regarding Cinnamon Oil's physical health benefits are excellent!

The Health Benefits of Cinnamon

Health Benefits of Cinnamon Oil

Photo Courtesy

PLEASE NOTE: These are only natural home remedies that no professional has reviewed or written.  This is not to take the place of professional medical advice, it is merely to aid you at home.  If you are concerned, it is best to call your doctor and follow instructions given by him/her.

Also, please pay particular attention during use of essential oils in regards to which oils are safe for pregnant women and children.  There are many that should not be used, although some are perfectly safe.  For other important information, please see my May 9th, 2012, post titled "Natural Remedies: Essential Oils."

No comments:

Post a Comment