Saturday, April 21, 2012

Saturday Smiles - When Life Isn't Joyful....



When Life Isn't Joyful...



As I write this series on “Smiling” or “The Joy of the Lord,” it is not out of a joyful time in my life.  Often times, my posts on joy are written with head knowledge, and not necessarily because I have a happy bubble of joy that can’t wait to share it with you.  My life currently in filled with unpredictable circumstances,  stress, heartache - anything and everything that wants to come and steel my joy.  Often times trying to send me into the pit of depression, and yet… I am writing a series on “Joy?”
I have “chosen” to write this series at this time in my life because I want to share with the world that the joy of the LORD is our strength through times of trials.  I have “chosen” to write about joy in my time of distress because it forces me to focus on HIS joy and to apply it to my life.  Receiving the joy of the Lord is a “choice.”  For me, it is a daily choice.  The Word says to, “Consider it pure joy whenever we face trials of many kinds, because we know that it develops perseverance.”  (James 1:2)

I chose to consider these trials of mine to be joy, not because what I am going through is fun, but instead because I know it is teaching me perseverance.  In fact, I am learning far more than just perseverance though these trials. I am learning patience, selflessness, servant hood, humbleness, and so many other things.  But it is my choice.  I can chose to “Count it all joy,” and let it grow and teach me, or I can sit in my dark room for hours, doing nothing but feeling sorry for myself!  (And I confess to having done that very thing.)  Circumstances don’t shape a person.  It’s how that person chooses to respond to the circumstance that changes them, for better or for worse.

  I choose joy and I choose to share that joy with the people around me.  What will you choose?

~ Missy

In need of a reason to smile? 

          Psalm 20:5  May we shout for joy over your salvation, and in the name of our God set up our banners! May the LORD fulfill all your petitions!

Now that is something to smile about. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment