Saturday, April 14, 2012

Saturday Smiles - Smile Therapy

Smile Therapy


         Have you ever looked at a person and wondered if they were even capable of smiling?  I have!  There have been many times when I met someone who seemed determined to be gloomy, disagreeable, and often very intimidating.  That is when I put the power of my smile to the test!  If I meet someone like this, usually a worker in one of the many stores that I frequent, I begin to give them “Smile Therapy.”   Here is a good example:

Recently, I began taking unwanted items into a little 2nd hand store in a nearby town to consign them.  I had visited that store several times over the past ten years but only on rare occasion.   There are three women who work in the store regularly, and two of the three were very glum and intimidating to me.  You know - the kind of person that makes you feel like you are a suspect and are going to do something wrong at any second?  (That’s about enough to scare me right into breaking something!)  Well, I decided that this would never do!  Since I had started going in once every week or so, I decided it was time to start “Smile Therapy!”  And you know what? IT WORKS!  After several weeks of bouncing in the door and greeting them with a big, “Hello!” accompanied by a brilliant smile, the hard shells of the two oh-so-intimidating ladies have finally began to soften and I see a difference in them more each time I enter the building.  Their smiles may be a bit rusty from lack of use, but I believe with a bit more practice, polish, and shine, they can have a big smile as bright as the Lord has given me.  


~ Missy
Photo Courtesy

In need of a reason to smile? 

          Psalms  35:27   " Let those who delight in my righteousness shout for joy and be glad and say evermore, "Great is the LORD, who delights in the welfare of his servant!" "

Now that is something to smile about. :)





1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the reminder! I will have to try that this week!

    ReplyDelete