My husband's favorite dessert is French Silk Pie. When he was at the Coast Guard Academy, every break he came home to visit (before we were married) I would make him this pie for dessert for one of the evenings he had dinner with my family. I make it as a very special treat now that we are married, too! It is SO good! :) And it is really quite simple, as well, especially if you have a Bosch or some sort of food mixer... A hand mixer will work fine, however! Here is what you need to mix together!
French Silk Pie
1 baked pie shell (I make my own, but you could purchase one if you wanted)
3/4 cup softened butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup pasteurized egg product
- Step 1: Make sure the pie shell is baked and cooled.
- Step 2: Mix together butter and sugar until nice and fluffy.
- Step 3: Melt chocolate chips (don't over-melt!) then mix into butter and sugar mixture
- Step 4: Add vanilla and slowly add egg product. Mix at high speed while continually scraping the sides of the bowl. Continue doing this until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Step 5: Spoon or pour the filing into the baked and cooled pie shell.
- Step 6: Top with whipped cream and, if you so desire, chocolate shavings or curls pulled off of the chocolate bars.
- Step 7: Cover and chill for at least 5 hours (I usually let it go overnight).
- Step 8: Serve cold! It's delicious!