Saturday, August 18, 2012

Saturday Smiles - A No Smile Day...


        It was a no smile day.  Gloomy, depressing, rough.  One of those days when it felt as though all joy had been locked up in a box and someone had thrown away the key.  Then my sister came to me and said that she wanted  to share with me a verse out of the Psalms and here is the passage;


Photo Courtesy
        Of David, when he changed his behavior before Abimelech, so that he drove him out, and he went away.


 (Talk about having a bad day - but look at his response) 


“I will bless the LORD at all times; 
his praise shall continually be in my mouth. 
My soul makes its boast in the LORD; 
let the humble hear and be glad. 
Oh, magnify the LORD with me, 
and let us exalt his name together!
  I sought the LORD, and he answered me 
and delivered me from all my fears.  
Those who look to him are radiant, 
and their faces shall never be ashamed. 
 This poor man cried, and the LORD heard him 
and saved him out of all his troubles. 
 The angel of the LORD encamps 
around those who fear him, and delivers them. 
 Oh, taste and see that the LORD is good! 
Blessed is the man who takes refuge in him!  
Oh, exalt the LORD, you his saints, 
for those who exalt him have no lack!  
The young lions suffer want and hunger; 
but those who seek the LORD lack no good thing.”
Psalm 34:1-10


This passage still serves to encourage me on some of the most dreadful days  - I hope that it will do the same for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment