Monday, January 9, 2012

Resting in His Strength

"....And He said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness...'" (2 Corinthians 12:9


This year has been the happiest in my life with my marriage to my amazing husband and now with the expectancy of our baby coming.  It has also been the hardest.  As I mentioned in my previous post on leaving, leaving my
family was extremely hard for me.  It's also been hard in other ways.  There have been physical ailments and struggles amongst those closest to me.

Photo Courtesy


My home with my family, and now with my husband, have always been havens...  Havens of peace, joy, rest, and happiness.  Sure, we had our times of tears and struggles, but they were short-lived.  In the last year, however, I think I have seen more tears and struggles than ever before.  For some this would have been devastating to their families....but for our family we stuck together more and helped each other through the long times.

As the times are going along, we are getting slowly back to better times.  I was blessed with a family and close friends that stick together and help everyone who is struggling to get better.  But most of all....we've had to rest in the knowledge of knowing that His strength will hold us up.  His and His alone is what has pulled us through.  True, it has been much easier with the help of the family and close friends who, instead of leaving due to the hardships, stuck even closer together....but even if we had been in that way, without Him, it would have been impossible.

Photo Courtesy

His strength is brought to its fullest measure in our weakness.  He proves Himself even more worthy in our hardships.  While I can't say that I have enjoyed the difficulties and hard times, it has taught me, and my family around me, so much about His faithfulness, mercy, and strength.

So next time you are struggling, remember there is always a silver lining in the clouds.  His strength will get you through everything....if you just rest in Him.

Photo Courtesy

No comments:

Post a Comment