- Pale skin
- Fast or irregular heartbeat
- Ringing in the ears
- Shortness of breath
- Chest pain/Headache
- Cognitive Problems
- Colds hands & feet
- IRON SUPPLEMENT: take an iron supplement daily if needed. Avoid taking Calcium at the same time with this supplement as it reduces the absorption of iron
- INCREASE IRON FOODS: (some of these foods are specific to helping anemia) broccoli, nuts (walnuts are often the cheapest), strawberries, lettuce, spinach, flax seed, barley, brown rice, raisins, mint, watermelon, grapes, whole wheat, honey, red meat, beef liver, beets, apples, figs, egg yolks, dried apricots, and molasses
- INCREASE VITAMIN B & FOLIC ACID INTAKE: This helps retain the iron and increase efficiency.
- INCREASE VITAMIN C & FRUIT INTAKE: This also helps retain the iron, as well as give energy.
- EPSOM SALT BATHS
- AVOID CAFFEINE & DAIRY: This reduces the absorption of iron.
- AVOID OXALIC ACID: rhubarb, tomatoes, & chocolate as this reduces the absorption of iron, and can also cause for serious side effects when experiencing anemia
- DRINK: Drink large amounts of iron, and if craving ice, suck on small pieces of ice.
PLEASE NOTE: These are only natural home remedies that no professional has reviewed or written. This is not to take the place of professional medical advice, it is merely to aid you at home. If you are concerned, it is best to call your doctor and follow instructions given by him/her.