Monday, March 5, 2012

Brussel Sprouts Surprise

Recipe Delight - Brussel Sprouts!

Okay, chances are that some of you are thinking 'did she really say Brussel Sprouts? Gross!"  Well, I did say it and I want to share a recipe that I had the happy accident of stumbling into this past week.

I have never been a fan of brussel sprouts.  I tried fixing them once and the only person who really liked them was my Mom - but then she likes things the rest of us don't. . . i.e. clams. *Shudders*

So, when she handed me a bag of brussel sprouts and told me to make them the way I had made them before, I didn't know exactly what to do (as I had tossed that recipe. :D). 



I didn't have much time, so I tossed them together with a couple ingredients and stuck them in the oven.  The result was astounding - and everyone loves them!!!  Including me.

So, without further ado, the recipe:

Ingredients:1 bag brussel sprouts
Olive Oil
Italian Seasoning Mix (I used store-bought, but you can find a recipehere.)
Pepper
Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350° F.  Lightly oil a shallow glass baking dish.  Wash and quarter the brussel sprouts into the baking dish.  Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with Italian Seasoning and pepper. Cover the dish with foil and pop your lovely veggies into the oven and wait about an hour, stirring once.  Jealously guard your serving when it comes out of the oven, you may not get anymore. 

I really love the way these turn out, they're so creamy when you bit into them, yet there are those lovely crispy parts that are somewhat black and delicious - as they are roasted.  Sorry I don't have a picture, I was too busy eating them!

So, there is one problem with my recipe, it doesn't have a name.   I was in favor of calling them simply "Roasted Brussel Sprouts", but Missy, my sister, insists it must be called the "Dollhouse Cabbage Casserole"!

This is where I appeal to you, my dear followers.  I need your vote on the name.  Should it be one of the above, or something completely different?

Happy in the kitchen,
post signature

Photo Courtesy

No comments:

Post a Comment