Sunday, February 5, 2012

Valentine's :)

While our family is not big on Valentine's for a variety of reasons (including the pagan origins, etc.), we still try to do something special for each other just to let those around us know that we love them and think about them.  :)

This year, I decided I wanted to do something quick and easy both for my husband and our families.  So, with my good friend, we made some
Valentine decorations.  For my husband, I put them up while he was on a patrol at sea.  My our families, I packaged them up in an envelope and sent them off to Colorado!  Here are some of the things I did.  :)

First I did heart chains.  These are simple projects that kids can do, as well, and I hung them up over our doorways around the house.  You can also see that I made little hearts out of beads and pipecleaners and hung those by ribbon, as well!



Then I made window stickers.  They are SO simple.  All you need is ziploc bags and fabric paint.  Draw the pattern that you want on the ziploc bag with fabric paint, and allow the fabric paint to dry.  Once it is dry, carefully peal it from the ziploc bag and stick on mirrors or windows!  It is so simple, and can really make the house look festive.  I have been using this tactic for several different holidays and occasions in our household!


Then I decided to do a variation on heart chains.  I cut out each heart individually, drew on them, and wrote on them.  Then I strung them together by taping the backs of them to ribbon.  Then I hung those across other doorways!  It is a sweet way to say "I love you" and add some color and festivity to the house.




For our families I made Valentine's using the above, modified version of heart chains.  I also made them some beaded hearts (but did not attach ribbons to these) and sent them out.  Just a little way of saying "We love you!"



All of this cost me under $5, so it is a very simple way to make your house festive!  I hope you can employ these tactics and have fun with them, as well!

1 comment: