Monday, February 20, 2012

Perspective

I am sure many of you, like me, sometimes just need a perspective check.  A few months ago, my Mom and I were talking about this little one who is about to be a blessing to my husband and I.  I made some comment about "Oh, how I hope my baby doesn't cry all the time."  And I still hope that... I would really LOVE to have a very content, easy baby.  But, when I said that to my Mom, she really put something into perspective for me.

Photo Courtesy
 She quoted two verses to me: Matthew 21:16b and Psalms 8:2a.  Let me show you what these verses are:

And Jesus said to them, "Yes, have you never read, 'Out of the mouth of babes and nursing infants You have perfected praise'?"  Matthew 21:16b


"Out of the mouth of babes and nursing infants, You have ordained strength." Psalms 8:2a

Do I want my little one to cry all the time?  Absolutely not.  But I hope in those times when our baby is crying all the time, that I can remember these verses.  God even uses such things as infants crying to bring glory to Him!  May we never lose perspective of how God's ways work which can be so different from our own.

Photo Courtesy

3 comments: