Saturday, May 5, 2012

Saturday Smiles - The Power of a Smile II

The Power of a Smile :)

If you have read any of my previous posts, you may have noticed that I live in a much smaller community where it is very common to run into familiar people.  But what if you don’t live in a small community and it is very unlikely that you will ever run into the same stranger twice?  Can a smile really make a difference to a stranger’s life in that kind of a setting? Absolutely! Here is a story to prove it.


Once upon a time, while on a dangerous mission in Tanzania… (Ok, so it really wasn’t very dangerous.)

“Excuse me?” Said a lady to me as she approached.  “We’ve never met, but I remember seeing you before.  You smiled at me from across the room while at the missions conference in South Carolina.  That’s why I remember you, because of your smile.”

There I was, on the other side of the world from South Carolina, and because of my smile this lady remembered me from a very large conference that we had both attended three moths previous!  That’s how powerful a simple smile can be.  Small town or big city, I encourage you to get out there and SMILE!


~ Missy
Photo Courtesy

In need of a reason to smile?

Psalm 103:1-4  
"Bless the Lord, O my soul;
And all that is within me, bless His holy name!
Bless the Lord, O my soul,
And forget not all His benefits:
Who forgives all your iniquities,
Who heals all your diseases,
Who redeems your life from destruction,
Who crowns you with loving kindness and tender mercies"

Now that is something to smile about. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment