Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Natural Remedies: Essential Oils

Starting next week (well, really this week with this post), I plan on starting to write about the natural remedies of essential oils.  However, before starting out on some details of a few specific essential oils, it is important to understand the basics of all essential oils.  There really is a ton of information out there, so it is impossible to recap it all in one post.  Because of this, I am linking up to many different articles that teach the basics of essential oils.  If you use essential oils and are interested in them, it is very important to understand these basics.

Photo Courtesy
When going about this series, please know I am no expert and am quite the amateur in learning how to work with these myself.  This is just a little bit of knowledge that I have gleaned through reading and researching.  I hope that you will enjoy the research and learn about these wonderful healing oils, as well.  :)  I hope these links are helpful to you and can be used by you as a reference for essential oils. Happy reading!

How to Buy Essential Oils

The Beginner's Guide to Essential Oils (includes dosage amounts)

Aromatherapy Tips for Beginners: The Dos and Don'ts

Essential Oil Care for Children & Babies

Different opinions on the top essential oils to begin with:
Photo Courtesy

PLEASE NOTE: These are only natural home remedies that no professional has reviewed or written.  This is not to take the place of professional medical advice, it is merely to aid you at home.  If you are concerned, it is best to call your doctor and follow instructions given by him/her.

Also, please pay particular attention during use of essential oils in regards to which oils are safe for pregnant women and children.  There are many that should not be used, although some are perfectly safe. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I can't wait to hear how you uses for them, I've been interested in essential oils for a few years now and it is amazing how many different ways there are to use them.

    Blessings,
    Tessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be looking forward to your posts! I love learning about Essential Oils. One of my favorite books is "The Essential Oils desk reference", we got our copy on Amazon. It is a great book with all the information on the oils and uses. I think my favorite oils are Thieves, Lemon, Peppermint, Lavender, and Peace and Calming.

    ReplyDelete