Monday, June 13, 2011

Trust

Trust
By Lisa
Written May 19, 2011
Published June 13, 2011

Trust is one of those little words that really have a huge impact on our lives. I know for a fact it has made every difference in my life. When I’m worrying a problem in circles, or trying to get my mind straight, or struggling with changes in my life, it all comes down to that little word: trust.

Oftentimes I find minor answers to problems, but it always comes back to “Do I trust my Jesus?” While I am getting
married and moving onto a new chapter of my life – leaving my family, moving to another state, having my primary role move from being a daughter and sister to being a wife – I’ve often wondered if I can handle this and if I am doing the right thing.

Yet, I can rest in the trust that the Lord is directing my paths (Proverbs 16:9). While the Lord is my ultimate authority, He gave my father to me as my secondary authority. My father has deemed my fiancĂ© as ready to take on that authority and leadership in a mere 9 days. Through my God-given authority, I know the Lord has directed my paths in a way that He deems correct. I know I need to trust Him, and I hope I have, as He will direct our paths – “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.” (Proverbs 3:5-6)

I also know that the Lord will never forsake me, as Psalm 9:10 states, “And those who know Your name will put their trust in You; for You, Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You.” While I know He will never forsake me, I also know He is a hiding place in the midst of trouble. Psalm 28:7 says “The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in Him, and I am helped; therefore my heart great rejoices, and with my song I will praise Him.” Psalm 91:1-2 expands on this by having these words, “He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, ‘He is my refuge and my fortress; my God, in Him I will trust.’”

When I was little we listened to a tape which had Bible verses put to music. One of the ones that I can still remember is “When I am afraid, I will trust in You.” This comes from Psalm 56:3-4 which has these words, “Whenever I am afraid, I will trust in You. In God (I will praise His word), in God I have put my trust; I will not fear. What can flesh do to me?”

No matter what the circumstance, I can trust in Him. Even though that is difficult to do, it is always true. Applying it to my life is where the struggle arrives, but practice pays off, and it makes life so much more beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment